Saturday 15 September 2007

Sin City

The evaluation for the orientation course is based on a single 2500 word paper. I've chosen to write about the Sex Pistols and seventies politics. As luck would have it, Glen Matlock, the original bassist, was dj-ing tonight at the club Sin City. He shook my hand and answered my questions- my prof seems to agree that the Pistols were primarily about making money, which they did want to do, but it wasn't the primary concern.

The bandmembers wanted "to do something, but to make money as well." Still, the money was secondary. Thus, my thesis is not indefensible in the face of evidence, as I have a primary source. Who can say that? :)


Two blurry pictures of Matlock. I actually quite like the first one.


I have to get up in the morning as I hope to go to Cardiff to watch the world cup game. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Terri Brisbin said...

You're right - a primary source is pretty good for a paper! And I thought the members of the Sex Pistols were long dead -- sex, drugs and rock&roll, you know.

I'm enjoying reading about your drifting...keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's really amazing. What is he like? You're paper sounds amazing, just like you. ^_^ I agree. The first one is almost aritistic. If you had meant to do that you'd be a genius. But, since you didn't, you're the exact opposite. hahaha! Just kidding, just kidding. You're amazingly smart. I love you. Have a blast okay? For me. And don't stop blogging, either. <3
-RCF